Computershare - Investor Services
P.O. Box 505000
Louisville, KY 40233
1 (800) 733-5001 (U.S. and Canada)
1 (781) 575-2879 (Outside U.S. and Canada
Please contact Computershare or AGNC Investor Relations with questions.
The Plan is an “opt-in” plan. If you are a registered holder of our common stock, you may join the Plan by signing an enrollment form and returning it to the Plan Administrator or by going online to the Plan Administrator’s website, www.computershare.com/investor. If you are enrolling for dividend reinvestment, the enrollment form must be received by the Plan Administrator prior to the dividend record date in order to take effect as of the related dividend payment.
If you are a new investor, you may join the Plan in either of the following ways:
- Going to the Plan Administrator’s website at www.computershare.com/investor, and following the instructions provided for opening a Plan account online (click on “Buy Shares” in the Transactions tab). You will be asked to complete an Online Initial Enrollment Form and to submit an initial optional cash purchase between $250 and $10,000. To make an initial optional cash purchase you may authorize a one-time online bank debit from your U.S. bank account or you may authorize a minimum of five (5) consecutive monthly automatic deductions of at least $50 each from your U.S. bank account.
- Completing and signing an Initial Enrollment Form obtained from the Plan Administrator, Computershare, and submitting an initial investment in the amount between $250 and $10,000. To make an initial optional cash purchase in this manner, you may enclose a check, payable in U.S. funds and drawn against a U.S. bank, to “Computershare - American Capital Agency Corp.” or you may complete the direct debit authorization form obtained from the Plan Administrator and authorize a minimum of five consecutive monthly automatic deductions of at least $50 each from your U.S. bank account by following the instructions provided.
If you are enrolling by making an optional cash purchase, the enrollment form and investment funds must be received by the Plan Administrator at least one business day before the date such funds are to be invested for a particular month. Enrollment forms may be obtained at any time by telephonic, Internet or written request to the Plan Administrator.
Interested prospective investors who are not currently holders of our common stock may make their initial purchase through the Plan, subject to a minimum purchase of $250. Plan Participants may make optional cash payments of $50 to $10,000 or, with our prior approval, in excess of $10,000 per month.
Cash purchases of more than $10,000 per month may be made only pursuant to our acceptance of a request to make such a purchase. If participants wish to make an optional cash purchase in excess of $10,000 (or other maximum amount established by us) for any month, participants must obtain our prior written approval with a form (“Request for Waiver”) and a copy of such written approval must accompany any such optional cash purchase. We have sole discretion to grant any approval for optional cash purchases in excess of the allowable maximum amount. Unless the participant has complied with these procedures, any amount submitted for investment over $10,000 will be returned without interest.
We expect to approve requests for optional cash purchases in excess of $10,000 from financial intermediaries, including brokers and dealers, and other participants from time to time. Participants may ascertain whether we are accepting Requests for Waivers in any given month, and certain other important information, by contacting us on the first business day of each month at (301) 968-9302 or such other number as we may establish from time to time. When participants call this number we will inform such participants (by a prerecorded message) of one of the following:
- that we will not be accepting requests for waivers that month
- that we will be accepting requests for waivers that month. In that case, we will provide relevant information such as the date on which a Pricing Period will begin; the number of days in the Pricing Period; the Waiver Discount, if applicable; the Threshold Price , if applicable; and whether or not the Pricing Period Extension Feature will be activated (Pricing Period, Waiver Discount, Threshold Price and Pricing Period Extension Feature are all explained in detail in the Plan Prospectus); or
- that we have not yet determined whether we will be accepting waivers. If this is the case, we will inform participants of a date later in the month when they can call to ascertain whether we will be accepting Requests for Waivers.
For additional information pertaining to the Request for Waiver, please review the Plan prospectus which can be found on the Dividend Reinvestment and Direct Stock Purchase page of our website. Participants may download the Request for Waiver Form on the Dividend Reinvestment and Direct Stock Purchase page.
Participants in the Plan may make an optional cash payment for purchase of additional shares of common stock at any time, subject to limitations listed in Question 10 above.
Participants may do so in one of three ways:
- By Check. Participants can make additional cash investments by sending a check ($50-$10,000), payable to Computershare – AGNC Investment Corp., in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank. Cash, traveler’s checks, money orders or third party checks are not acceptable. Optional cash investments may be mailed to the Plan Administrator with the tear-off portion of the account statement or via detailed written instructions and enclosed in the return envelope with each statement, or mailed to the address specified on the statement. Checks must be received by the Plan Administrator at least three (3) business days before an investment date in order to be invested on that date. When investing by check, participants do not need to invest the same amount each time and are under no obligation to make investments in any month or at any particular time.
- By One-Time Online Bank Debit. A registered holder of common stock can make an investment online ($50-$10,000) by logging on to www.computershare.com/investor, selecting “Investor Centre,” and following the online instructions. Registered holders should refer to the online confirmation for their bank account debit date and investment date. When investing by one-time online bank debit, registered holders do not need to invest the same amount each time and are under no obligation to make investments in any month or at any particular time.
- By Recurring Automatic Debits from a U.S. Bank Account. A registered holder may also authorize the Plan Administrator, on a Direct Authorization Form or the Plan Administrator’s website, www.computershare.com/investor, to make recurring monthly purchases of a specified dollar amount ($50-$10,000) paid for by automatic withdrawal from the registered holder’s U.S. bank account. Funds will be withdrawn from the bank account, via electronic funds transfer, on the 20th day of each month (or the next business day if the 20th day is not a business day). Requests will be processed and will become effective as promptly as practicable; however, registered holders should allow two to four weeks for the first investment to be initiated. Automatic deductions will continue at the level set until a registered holder changes his or her instructions by notifying the Plan Administrator. To terminate monthly purchases by automatic withdrawal, written, signed instructions must be sent to the Plan Administrator. It is the responsibility of the registered holder to notify the Plan Administrator if any direct debit information changes.
We will pay all administrative costs associated with the reinvestment of dividends under the Plan. There are no transaction or processing fees, expenses or service charges under the Plan in connection with such purchases; however, if you enroll in the Plan through a broker, bank or other nominee, they may charge you a fee for participating on your behalf. If the Plan purchases shares with reinvested dividends in market transactions instead of directly from us, we will pay any brokerage fees or commissions on such purchases.
For the optional cash purchase part of the Plan, the Plan Administrator will charge participants a processing fee of $0.05 per share purchased in connection with any optional cash payments made under the Plan. The processing fee includes any brokerage commissions that the Plan Administrator is required to pay. In addition, the Plan Administrator will charge participants a $5 transaction fee for optional cash payments made by check or one-time online ACH, and a $2.50 transaction fee for each optional cash payment made by recurring debit from a U.S. bank account.
Dividend Reinvestments. In the months in which dividends are paid, dividends will be invested beginning on the dividend or distribution payment date. If the shares of our common stock are to be newly issued or treasury shares, such shares will be issued or delivered on the dividend or distribution payment date. If our shares of common stock are to be purchased by the Plan Administrator in the open market, the Plan Administrator will make every effort to invest any dividends it receives promptly beginning on each dividend or distribution payment date, and in no event later than thirty days from such date, except where necessary under any applicable federal securities laws.
Initial and Optional Cash Purchases up to $10,000. For common stock acquired directly from us, the purchase date will generally be on the 25th calendar day of each month, or the next trading day if the 25th day is not a trading day. For common stock acquired in market transactions, purchases will begin on the 25th calendar day of each month, or the next trading day if the 25th day is not a trading day, and will be completed no later than thirty-five (35) days following such date, except where reinvestment of such funds at a later date is necessary or advisable under applicable securities laws. The Plan Administrator will commingle all funds received from participants. Once a participant has placed an order, he or she may not request a cash refund or otherwise change the order.
No interest will be paid on funds pending investment held by the Plan Administrator.
If your shares are held with a broker, please contact your broker directly.
If you are a shareholder of record, please contact our transfer agent:
Computershare – Investor Services
P.O. Box 505000
Louisville, KY 40233
1 (800) 733-5001 (U.S. and Canada)
1 (781) 575-2879 (Outside U.S. and Canada)
The information above may contain summaries of certain information about AGNC which should be read in conjunction with our periodic reports that are filed from time-to-time with the Securities and Exchange Commission.