BETHESDA, Md., Nov. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- AGNC Investment Corp. (Nasdaq: AGNC) ("AGNC" or the "Company") encourages all common stockholders of record as of October 24, 2016 to promptly submit their voting instructions for the special meeting of stockholders to be held on December 9, 2016. Common stockholders who have not yet voted may still vote in advance of the meeting.
The proposal scheduled to be considered and voted on at the Special Meeting is the approval of the AGNC 2016 Equity and Incentive Compensation Plan. Common stockholders may review the proxy statement at www.AGNC.com/2016specialmeeting for further information on this matter.
The independent proxy advisory firm Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. and the Company's Board of Directors have recommended that common stockholders vote in favor of the proposal. AGNC has engaged Georgeson LLC ("Georgeson"), a proxy solicitation firm, to contact common stockholders by telephone to assist shareholders in voting. Common stockholders who have not already voted may receive calls prior to the meeting from Georgeson.
VOTING INSTRUCTIONS - SHARES OF COMMON STOCK HELD WITH A BROKER:
- Common stockholders may cast their votes online at www.proxyvote.com. Please have available the proxy control number from the proxy card that was mailed or emailed and follow the instructions provided.
- Common stockholders who wish to vote by phone or who have questions regarding casting their vote may call AGNC's proxy solicitor, Georgeson, at 1-866-216-0459.
- Common stockholders may also contact their brokerage firms for help with casting their votes.
Please note that voting online or by phone will require the proxy control number which is printed on the proxy card accompanying the proxy statement. Common stockholders who have not yet received their proxy control number should contact their brokerage firm.
VOTING INSTRUCTIONS - SHARES OF COMMON STOCK HELD IN CERTIFICATE FORM:
- Registered common stockholders may cast their votes online at www.investorvote.com/AGNC. Please have available the holder account number and proxy access number from the proxy card that was mailed and follow the instructions provided.
- Registered common stockholders who wish to vote by phone may also call AGNC's transfer agent, Computershare, at 1-800-652-VOTE (8683).
For questions or assistance with voting, please call Georgeson toll-free at 1-866-216-0459.
ABOUT AGNC INVESTMENT CORP.
AGNC Investment Corp. is an internally-managed real estate investment trust that invests primarily in agency pass-through securities and collateralized mortgage obligations for which the principal and interest payments are guaranteed by a U.S. Government agency or a U.S. Government-sponsored entity. For further information, please refer to www.AGNC.com.
Investor Relations - (301) 968-9300
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/agnc-investment-corp-encourages-stockholders-to-submit-voting-instructions-for-its-special-meeting-300365947.html
SOURCE AGNC Investment Corp.