|1. What is AGNC Investment Corp.'s ticker symbol and what exchange does the stock trade on?|
|AGNC Investment Corp.trades on The Nasdaq Global Market under the ticker symbol "AGNC."|
|2. What is a REIT?|
|A real estate investment trust, or REIT, is a company that owns income-producing real-estate and/or real-estate related assets. REIT's receive special tax status under the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, or the Internal Revenue Code and are not subject to tax as long as they continue to qualify as a REIT and distribute at least 90% of their annual taxable Net income to stockholders annually in the form of dividends. To continue to qualify under the tax law, the REIT must pass several tests on an annual and quarterly basis.|
|3. What does AGNC invest in?|
|AGNC Investment Corp. is a mortgage REIT that invests primarily in agency securities for which the principal and interest payments are guaranteed by a U.S. Government agency (such as the Government National Mortgage Association, or GNMA), or a U.S. Government-sponsored enterprise (such as the Federal National Mortgage Association, or FNMA, and the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation, or FHLMC). We may also invest in other assets reasonably related to agency securities and up to 10% of our assets in AAA non-agency and commercial mortgage-backed securities (collectively referred to as "AAA non-agency securities").|
|4. Which research analysts cover AGNC Investment Corp.?|
|Please visit the Analyst Coverage page of our website for a complete list of analysts currently covering AGNC Investment Corp.|
|5. Where can I find copies of AGNC Investment Corp.'s SEC filings and financial reports?|
|Please visit the SEC Filings page of our website to see AGNC Investment Corp.'s SEC filings and other financial reports.|
Stock Purchase and Record Keeping
|6. Does AGNC Investment Corp. offer direct stock purchase or do I need to purchase shares through a broker? Does AGNC Investment Corp. offer dividend reinvestment?|
|Yes, AGNC Investment Corp.’s Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP) and Direct Stock Purchase Plan (DSPP) provide prospective investors and existing stockholders with a convenient and economical method to purchase shares of our common stock. By participating in the Plan, investors may purchase additional shares of common stock by reinvesting some or all of the cash dividends received on shares of our common stock. If you elect to participate in the Plan, you may also make optional cash purchases of shares of our common stock subject to certain limitations detailed in the Plan Prospectus. For the Plan Prospectus and additional information on the Plan, please visit the Dividend Reinvestment and Direct Stock Purchase page of our website.|
|7. Who is the Dividend Reinvestment Plan and Direct Stock Purchase Plan Administrator? Who do I contact with additional questions?|
|Computershare is the Plan Administrator and they can be reached at:|
Computershare - Investor Services
P.O. Box 505000
Louisville, KY 40233
1 (800) 733-5001 (U.S. and Canada)
1 (781) 575-2879 (Outside U.S. and Canada
Please contact Computershare or AGNC Investor Relations with questions.
|8. How do I enroll in the dividend reinvestment and/or direct stock purchase plan?|
The Plan is an “opt-in” plan. If you are a registered holder of our common stock, you may join the Plan by signing an enrollment form and returning it to the Plan Administrator or by going online to the Plan Administrator’s website, www.computershare.com/investor. If you are enrolling for dividend reinvestment, the enrollment form must be received by the Plan Administrator prior to the dividend record date in order to take effect as of the related dividend payment.
If you are a new investor, you may join the Plan in either of the following ways:
- Going to the Plan Administrator’s website at www.computershare.com/investor, and following the instructions provided for opening a Plan account online (click on “Buy Shares” in the Transactions tab). You will be asked to complete an Online Initial Enrollment Form and to submit an initial optional cash purchase between $250 and $10,000. To make an initial optional cash purchase you may authorize a one-time online bank debit from your U.S. bank account or you may authorize a minimum of five (5) consecutive monthly automatic deductions of at least $50 each from your U.S. bank account.
- Completing and signing an Initial Enrollment Form obtained from the Plan Administrator, Computershare, and submitting an initial investment in the amount between $250 and $10,000. To make an initial optional cash purchase in this manner, you may enclose a check, payable in U.S. funds and drawn against a U.S. bank, to “Computershare - American Capital Agency Corp.” or you may complete the direct debit authorization form obtained from the Plan Administrator and authorize a minimum of five consecutive monthly automatic deductions of at least $50 each from your U.S. bank account by following the instructions provided.
If you are enrolling by making an optional cash purchase, the enrollment form and investment funds must be received by the Plan Administrator at least one business day before the date such funds are to be invested for a particular month. Enrollment forms may be obtained at any time by telephonic, Internet or written request to the Plan Administrator.
|9. How do I enroll in the Plan if I hold shares with a broker (beneficial owner)?|
|If you are a beneficial owner, that is, your shares are held on the books of the Plan Administrator in the name of a broker, bank or other nominee, your distributions will be reinvested automatically by the Nominee in additional shares under the Plan only if your Nominee provides such a service and you elect to participate in the Plan. Many Nominees do not provide such a service and routinely request dividends and distributions to be paid in cash on all shares registered in their names. Therefore, if your shares are held for your account by a Nominee and you would like to participate in the Plan, then in addition to enrolling in the Plan as provided in Question 8, you must either make appropriate arrangements for your Nominee to participate on your behalf, or you must become a stockholder of record by having a part or all of your shares transferred to your own name.
If your shares are held in the name of a Nominee, you should contact the Nominee directly for details.|
|10. What limitations apply to optional cash purchases?|
Interested prospective investors who are not currently holders of our common stock may make their initial purchase through the Plan, subject to a minimum purchase of $250. Plan Participants may make optional cash payments of $50 to $10,000 or, with our prior approval, in excess of $10,000 per month.
Cash purchases of more than $10,000 per month may be made only pursuant to our acceptance of a request to make such a purchase. If participants wish to make an optional cash purchase in excess of $10,000 (or other maximum amount established by us) for any month, participants must obtain our prior written approval with a form (“Request for Waiver”) and a copy of such written approval must accompany any such optional cash purchase. We have sole discretion to grant any approval for optional cash purchases in excess of the allowable maximum amount. Unless the participant has complied with these procedures, any amount submitted for investment over $10,000 will be returned without interest.
We expect to approve requests for optional cash purchases in excess of $10,000 from financial intermediaries, including brokers and dealers, and other participants from time to time. Participants may ascertain whether we are accepting Requests for Waivers in any given month, and certain other important information, by contacting us on the first business day of each month at (301) 968-9302 or such other number as we may establish from time to time. When participants call this number we will inform such participants (by a prerecorded message) of one of the following:
- that we will not be accepting requests for waivers that month
- that we will be accepting requests for waivers that month. In that case, we will provide relevant information such as the date on which a Pricing Period will begin; the number of days in the Pricing Period; the Waiver Discount, if applicable; the Threshold Price , if applicable; and whether or not the Pricing Period Extension Feature will be activated (Pricing Period, Waiver Discount, Threshold Price and Pricing Period Extension Feature are all explained in detail in the Plan Prospectus); or
- that we have not yet determined whether we will be accepting waivers. If this is the case, we will inform participants of a date later in the month when they can call to ascertain whether we will be accepting Requests for Waivers.
For additional information pertaining to the Request for Waiver, please review the Plan prospectus which can be found on the Dividend Reinvestment and Direct Stock Purchase page of our website. Participants may download the Request for Waiver Form on the Dividend Reinvestment and Direct Stock Purchase page.
|11. How can I make an optional cash purchase?|
Participants in the Plan may make an optional cash payment for purchase of additional shares of common stock at any time, subject to limitations listed in Question 10 above.
Participants may do so in one of three ways:
- By Check. Participants can make additional cash investments by sending a check ($50-$10,000), payable to Computershare – American Capital Agency Corp., in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank. Cash, traveler’s checks, money orders or third party checks are not acceptable. Optional cash investments may be mailed to the Plan Administrator with the tear-off portion of the account statement or via detailed written instructions and enclosed in the return envelope with each statement, or mailed to the address specified on the statement. Checks must be received by the Plan Administrator at least two (2) business days before an investment date in order to be invested on that date. When investing by check, participants do not need to invest the same amount each time and are under no obligation to make investments in any month or at any particular time.
- By One-Time Online Bank Debit. A registered holder of common stock can make an investment online ($50-$10,000) by logging on to www.computershare.com/investor, selecting “Investor Centre,” and following the online instructions. Registered holders should refer to the online confirmation for their bank account debit date and investment date. When investing by one-time online bank debit, registered holders do not need to invest the same amount each time and are under no obligation to make investments in any month or at any particular time.
- By Recurring Automatic Debits from a U.S. Bank Account. A registered holder may also authorize the Plan Administrator, on a Direct Authorization Form or the Plan Administrator’s website, www.computershare.com/investor, to make recurring monthly purchases of a specified dollar amount ($50-$10,000) paid for by automatic withdrawal from the registered holder’s U.S. bank account. Funds will be withdrawn from the bank account, via electronic funds transfer, on the 20th day of each month (or the next business day if the 20th day is not a business day). Requests will be processed and will become effective as promptly as practicable; however, registered holders should allow two to four weeks for the first investment to be initiated. Automatic deductions will continue at the level set until a registered holder changes his or her instructions by notifying the Plan Administrator. To terminate monthly purchases by automatic withdrawal, written, signed instructions must be sent to the Plan Administrator. It is the responsibility of the registered holder to notify the Plan Administrator if any direct debit information changes.
|12. Is there a cost to participate in the Plan?|
We will pay all administrative costs associated with the reinvestment of dividends under the Plan. There are no transaction or processing fees, expenses or service charges under the Plan in connection with such purchases; however, if you enroll in the Plan through a broker, bank or other nominee, they may charge you a fee for participating on your behalf. If the Plan purchases shares with reinvested dividends in market transactions instead of directly from us, we will pay any brokerage fees or commissions on such purchases.
For the optional cash purchase part of the Plan, the Plan Administrator will charge participants a processing fee of $0.05 per share purchased in connection with any optional cash payments made under the Plan. The processing fee includes any brokerage commissions that the Plan Administrator is required to pay. In addition, the Plan Administrator will charge participants a $5 transaction fee for optional cash payments made by check or one-time online ACH, and a $2.50 transaction fee for each optional cash payment made by recurring debit from a U.S. bank account.
If you sell shares through the Plan, there will be processing and transaction fees. Please see the prospectus for additional information about selling shares through the plan.
|13. When will shares of common stock be purchased under the Plan?|
Dividend Reinvestments. In the months in which dividends are paid, dividends will be invested beginning on the dividend or distribution payment date. If the shares of our common stock are to be newly issued or treasury shares, such shares will be issued or delivered on the dividend or distribution payment date. If our shares of common stock are to be purchased by the Plan Administrator in the open market, the Plan Administrator will make every effort to invest any dividends it receives promptly beginning on each dividend or distribution payment date, and in no event later than thirty days from such date, except where necessary under any applicable federal securities laws.
Initial and Optional Cash Purchases up to $10,000. For common stock acquired directly from us, the purchase date will generally be on the 25th calendar day of each month, or the next trading day if the 25th day is not a trading day. For common stock acquired in market transactions, purchases will begin on the 25th calendar day of each month, or the next trading day if the 25th day is not a trading day, and will be completed no later than thirty-five (35) days following such date, except where reinvestment of such funds at a later date is necessary or advisable under applicable securities laws. The Plan Administrator will commingle all funds received from participants. Once a participant has placed an order, he or she may not request a cash refund or otherwise change the order.
No interest will be paid on funds pending investment held by the Plan Administrator.
|14. Who do I contact with questions about my account activity, replacing lost or stolen certificates, transferring securities, dividend payments, direct deposit information or processing a change of address?|
If your shares are held with a broker, please contact your broker directly.
If you are a shareholder of record, please contact our transfer agent:
Computershare – Investor Services
P.O. Box 505000
Louisville, KY 40233
1 (800) 733-5001 (U.S. and Canada)
1 (781) 575-2879 (Outside U.S. and Canada)
|15. What is the dividend history (ex-dividend dates, payable dates, etc.) for AGNC Investment Corp.?|
|Please visit the Dividends page of our website to see the dividend history.|
|16. What date do I need to purchase the stock by to ensure I receive the dividend?|
|The stock must be purchased before the ex-dividend date.|
|17. Does AGNC Investment Corp. have a Direct Stock Purchase Program (DSPP) and a Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP)?|
|Yes, please refer to Questions 6 through 14 for additional information on our plan or visit the Dividend Reinvestment and Direct Stock Purchase page of our website.|
|18. How can I receive email alerts from AGNC Investment Corp.?|
|Please complete the form located on the Get Email Updates page of our website to receive information and updates from AGNC Investment Corp. Note that all entries will be kept strictly confidential and will not be made public or disclosed to other parties except as required by law.|
|19. How can I request additional information from AGNC Investment Corp.?|
|You can request information by contacting Investor Relations at (301) 968-9300 or IR@AGNC.com.|
The information above may contain summaries of certain information about AGNC which should be read in conjunction with our periodic reports that are filed from time-to-time with the Securities and Exchange Commission.